Your courtesy notice will indicate whether or not you are eligible to attend traffic school but actual eligibility is your responsibility. The court may grant a request to attend traffic school for an eligible violation if you have not attended for a previous violation that was committed within 18 months of your present violation. You are not eligible for traffic school if you had a commercial driver’s license and were driving a commercial vehicle when you were cited.
If you are eligible and complete a traffic violator school program, your conviction will be held confidential and not show on your driving record. This can prevent your insurance company from seeing your violation and raising your insurance rates.
Note that if you are eligible and decide not to attend traffic school, your automobile insurance may be adversely affected.
Do not attend traffic school unless you are eligible and have paid your fine and nonrefundable traffic school fees to the Court.
Once you have paid your fine and nonrefundable traffic school fees, you will have six weeks to attend an approved traffic school. If there are any correctable violations on your citation, the corrections must be received along with your fine and fees before permission to attend traffic school will be granted. Traffic schools will charge an additional fee to enroll. You must complete traffic school on or before the due date that you will receive when you pay your traffic school fee to the court. If you pay your traffic school fees by mail, you will receive a second notice that includes the date by which you must complete traffic school. If you pay via our web site, your due date will be reflected on the screen as soon as your payment is processed. If you pay via our phone system (805-289-8545), listen carefully for your due date.
To pay your traffic ticket (including tickets eligible for traffic school dismissal), click on the following link: https://secured.countyofventura.org/courtservices
LISTS OF TRAFFIC SCHOOLS
The following is a link to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) web site. Click on this link to obtain lists of licensed classroom, home study, and internet based traffic schools. (Click here for instructions on how to navigate within the DMV web site)
ATTENTION: Report to the Traffic School that your citation is a VENTURA SUPERIOR COURT citation! Record of your completion will not report to your case if you report anything other than Ventura Superior Court.
Traffic School Completion
- You must complete traffic school on or before your due date.
- The Traffic School will notify the court upon your successful completion.
- You can verify that the court received notice of your completion at the court web site. If the court has received record of traffic school completion, the Case Status will reflect TVS – Conviction. Click here to go there now.
Traffic School Eligibility
- Your Courtesy Notice will include information regarding your traffic school eligibility but actual eligibility is your responsibility.
- If you attend traffic school even though you are not eligible, the DMV will not mask the conviction on your driver’s record.
- California Vehicle Code Section 1808.7 mandates that only one citation in an eighteen (18) month period be masked from public view on your driving record. The 18 month period is calculated from citation/violation date, not class attendance date.
- CVC Section 42005 prohibits courts from ordering or permitting a driver with a Class A, Class B, or commercial Class C license from attending traffic school for the purposes of dismissing a traffic violation. This also applies to those drivers who operate commercial vehicles without a commercial license.
Other Traffic Information
Payments and Proof of Corrections may also be accepted via mail or in person at any of the court locations listed below. Pay by cash, credit card, or check made payable to the Ventura Superior Court. Include your case number on your check or money order. Include any proof of corrections with your payment.
Locations, Phone Hours, and Business Hours
VENTURA Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Government Center, Hall of Justice, Room 118
800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura CA 93009
Telephone (805) 289-8545
You can pay for your traffic ticket (including Collections payments) and submit proof of corrections without entering the courthouse at our Walk-Up Express Window. The window is open at this location from 8:00 a.m. - 6:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
SIMI VALLEY Office open Mondays and Tuesdays only, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
East County Courthouse, South Side
3855-F Alamo Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063
Telephone (805) 289-8545
You can pay for your traffic ticket (including Collections payments) and submit proof of corrections without entering the courthouse at our Walk-Up Express Window. The window is open at this location from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
OXNARD Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Juvenile Courthouse – Room 122
4353 E. Vineyard Ave., Oxnard, CA 93036
Telephone (805) 289-8820