The Court Reporting Department is responsible for making a verbatim record of proceedings held in the courthouse. Matters reported include all felony criminal matters, juvenile, mental health, grand jury hearings, civil, family law, probate, law and motion calendars, and any other hearing where a reporter is requested.
If you would like to request a transcript, please complete the Transcript Request Form and either mail or fax it into the Court Reporting Department. You may also call in your request at the number on the form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. After a request is made, the reporter will contact you to give you an estimate of cost and a time estimate to prepare the transcript. Be sure to include a “Rush” on the form if you need the transcript expedited. There may be an additional cost to an expedited transcript.
If your matter was electronically recorded, you may also request a transcript from the Court Reporting Department. Please direct your request to Court Reporting Services.
Click here for the Transcript Request Form.
Court Reporter Availability Policy and Procedures
- Notice of Unavailability of Official Reporter Pursuant to Local Rule 18.00(F)
- Official Reporter Pro Tempore Policy - Revised Aug. 19, 2013
- Agreement and Order for Appointment of Reporter Pro Tempore
- Stipulation to Appointment of Official Reporter Pro Tempore
Approved List and Courtroom Calendars
- Approved Official Reporter Pro Tempore List Contact Information - Revised Jan. 7, 2014
- Notice with Calendar of Unavailability of Court Reporter - Ventura Superior Courthouse
- Notice with Calendar of Unavailability of Court Reporter - Juvenile Justice Center
Information for the Pro Tempore Reporter
- Guide for the Pro Tempore Reporter
- Appeal Sample
- Civil Cover and Cert Non-Appeal Sample
- Family Law and Probate Cover Samples
- Transcript Sample
Information For Attorneys and Parties
Locations and phone numbers:
Ventura Superior Court
Court Reporting Services
800 S. Victoria Ave, Rm. 313 HOJ
Ventura, California 93009
Juvenile Justice Center
4353 Vineyard Avenue
Oxnard, California 93036
East County Courthouse
3855F Alamo Street
Simi Valley, California 93063
Nan Richardson, Manager
Vicki Knight, Supervisor
Main Phone: (805) 654-2212
Fax: (805) 662-6648
For frequently asked questions about Court Reporting, please visit our FAQs page.