Locations of Court Sessions
There are three (3) Divisions of this court as follows:
- The Ventura Division, with its principal office located at the Hall of Justice, 800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA 93009
- The East County Division, with its principal office located at 3855-F Alamo Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063
- The Juvenile Division, with its principal office located at 4353 E. Vineyard Ave., Oxnard, CA 93036
Venue of Each Division
The venue of each division of this court embraces the geographical area of the County of Ventura, except as follows:
- All small claims hearings and trials shall be heard in the division of the court nearest the defendant's residence at the time of the commencement of the action; or, if based on a contract, also in the division nearest the place where the contract was entered into.
- All Unlawful Detainer hearings and trials shall be heard in the division of the court nearest the proper venue based upon the
criteria set forth in the Declaration for Court Assignment form. Plaintiff shall complete the Declaration for Court Assignment form which is
to be filed with the first document. East County Division unlawful detainer filings will be based upon the following Zip
91301 91302 91304 91307 91360 91362 91363 91377 93020 93021 93062 93063 93064 93065
- All juvenile misdemeanor and felony matters are heard at the Juvenile Courthouse. Juvenile traffic infractions are heard in the Ventura and East County courthouses.
All Unlawful Detainer filings must be accompanied by a Declaration for Court Assignment Form.
The revised form is available online (form VN027), or at the Ventura Superior Court Clerk's Office, 800 South Victoria Avenue, Room 208, Ventura, CA 93009 or in the East County Clerk's Office, 3855-F Alamo Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063.